Senior Health and Fitness
By making certain lifestyle changes, you may be able to control or prevent many of the problems that occur as people age. Things that seniors can do to improve their health and fitness include:
- Losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight
- Eating a healthy diet
- Staying physically active
- Quitting smoking (if you smoke).
Looking for ways to incorporate more physical activity into your day? You could try one of the following suggestions:
- Choose an activity you like, or try a new one. Activities such as dancing, swimming, or biking can be fun.
- Ask a friend to exercise with you, or join a group.
- Make time in your day for physical activity.
- If the weather is bad, try an exercise show on TV, watch an exercise tape, walk in the mall, or work around the house.