Hylan G-F 20 Drug Information
- Other treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee have been unsuccessful
- You are not yet a good candidate for knee replacement surgery.
This osteoarthritis treatment is a gel-like liquid that is injected directly into the knee. It can relieve pain for up to six months. Synvisc is given as three separate injections, each one week apart, while Synvisc-One is given as a single injection.
To make sure this is the right treatment option for you, your healthcare provider needs to know if you have any of the following conditions before starting treatment:
- A swollen leg, ankle, or foot
- An infection in or around the knee
- Any allergies, including to food, dyes, or preservatives.
(For more information on this drug, click Hylan G-F 20. This article offers a complete overview on this drug, including possible side effects, how it works, how it performed in clinical trials, and more.)