Drug Interactions With Ropinirole XL
Certain drug interactions with ropinirole XL may increase your risk of side effects or cause your body to metabolize the drug differently than intended. To avoid any complications, it is important that your healthcare provider is aware of any other medications you are taking before starting ropinirole XL. Substances that can cause potentially negative drug interactions with ropinirole XL include antipsychotics, certain antibiotics, and estrogens.
An Overview of Drug Interactions With Ropinirole XLRopinirole XL (Requip® XL) can potentially interact with several other medications. Some of these medicines that may lead to ropinirole XL drug interactions include:
- Certain antibiotics, antifungals, or parasite medications, including:
- Cigarette smoking
- Estrogens, including many hormone replacement medications and many birth control pills, patches, and rings
- Fluvoxamine (Luvox®, Luvox® CR)
- Medications that contain levodopa (Parcopa®, Sinemet®, Sinemet® CR, Stalevo®)
- Metoclopramide (Reglan®)
- Mexiletine (Mexitil®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).