When and How to Take MiacalcinGeneral considerations for when and how to take the injectable form include the following:
- The injection is given either just under the skin (subcutaneously) or into the muscle (intramuscularly).
- You can take your Miacalcin injection with or without food.
- You can take the injection at any time(s) of the day, but it is a good idea to take it at the same time(s) each day.
- If you or your caretaker will be administering the Miacalcin injections, they should be given just under the skin, rather than into the muscle.
- Make sure your healthcare provider shows you exactly how to give the injections.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Miacalcin will not work if you stop taking it.
General considerations for when and how to take the nasal spray include the following:
- The nasal spray is usually taken once a day as one spray, alternating nostrils daily.
- You can take Miacalcin nasal spray with or without food.
- You can take the nasal spray at any time of the day, but it is a good idea to take it at the same time each day.
- The first time you use each bottle of the nasal spray, you will need to prime the pump by spraying until a fine mist appears.
- You do not need to inhale Miacalcin nasal spray. It is absorbed into the body from the nasal tissues. Also, you do not need to tip your head back.
- Once you assemble a bottle of Miacalcin nasal spray, it must be stored in the upright position, not on its side.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The nasal spray will not work if you stop taking it.