Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Epilepsy or seizures
- A severe urinary tract infection
- Renal tubular acidosis, a kidney disorder
- Any other type of kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Namenda XR and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Namenda XR and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Memantine XR to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for Memantine XRThe dose of memantine XR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to memantine XR
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Memantine XR Dosage for more information.)