Senior Health Home > Trospium
Trospium is a prescription drug that is licensed to treat certain bladder problems. Specifically, it is used for treating overactive bladder symptoms, such as urinary incontinence and frequent urination. Trospium comes in tablet form and is generally taken twice a day. Although most people tolerate the drug well, side effects can occur, such as fatigue, constipation, dry mouth, and headache.
- Leaking accidents (known as urinary incontinence or urge incontinence)
- Frequent urination (usually defined as needing to go more than eight times in 24 hours)
- Sudden, frequent urges to urinate.
- Dry mouth (see Sanctura and Dry Mouth)
- Constipation (see Sanctura and Constipation)