Senior Health Home > Tolterodine
Tolterodine is typically used for treating symptoms of an overactive bladder, including leaking accidents and frequent urination. It works by causing the muscles of the bladder to relax. The medication is available by prescription and comes in a tablet form that is generally taken twice a day. Most people tolerate it well, but potential side effects can include dizziness, abdominal pain, and headache.
- Frequent urination (usually defined as needing to go more than eight times in 24 hours)
- Sudden, frequent urges to urinate
- Leaking accidents (known as urinary incontinence or urge incontinence).
- Dry mouth (see Detrol and Dry Mouth)
- Constipation (see Detrol and Constipation)
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain).