Senior Health Home > Tolterodine ER
Tolterodine ER is licensed to treat symptoms of an overactive bladder in adults. By relaxing the bladder muscles, the medication can help decrease leaking accidents, sudden urges to urinate, and frequent urination. Tolterodine ER capsules, which are available by prescription, are generally taken once a day. Potential side effects include abdominal pain, dry mouth, and constipation.
- Sudden, frequent urges to urinate
- Frequent urination (needing to go more than eight times in 24 hours)
- Leaking accidents (known as urinary incontinence or urge incontinence).
- Dry mouth (see Detrol LA and Dry Mouth)
- Constipation (see Detrol LA and Constipation)
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain).