Senior Health Home > Testosterone Pellets
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Heart disease
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- High cholesterol
- Increased red blood cells
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Testopel and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Testopel and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for Testosterone PelletsThe dose of testosterone pellets your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The reason you are using the medicine
- Your testosterone levels
- How you respond to testosterone pellets.