Senior Health Home > Oxybutynin Gel
- This medication comes in the form of a gel that is applied to the skin. One packet of the gel is applied once a day.
- Apply the gel to dry, clean skin on the abdomen, upper arms, shoulders, or thighs. Try to rotate the application sites so that you do not apply the gel to the same spot twice in a row.
- When applying the gel to the abdomen, it is important to avoid the area just around the navel.
- Rub the gel into the skin until it dries. Then wash your hands with soap and water and discard the empty packet out of the reach of children and pets.
- For one hour after applying the gel, avoid bathing, swimming, showering, exercising, or immersing the application site in water.
- Make sure to apply the gel at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.