Senior Health Home > Oxybutynin Gel Dosage
The standard dosage of oxybutynin gel for treating an overactive bladder is one package of the medication applied to the skin once daily. This gel should be applied to dry, clean skin on the abdomen (stomach), upper arms, shoulders, or thighs. You should not bathe, swim, shower, exercise, or immerse the application site in water for one hour after applying the gel.
Oxybutynin Gel Dosing: An IntroductionThere is only one standard dose of oxybutynin gel (Gelnique™). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Oxybutynin Gel Dose for an Overactive BladderThe recommended oxybutynin gel dosage for treating overactive bladder symptoms is one packet applied to the skin once daily. Apply the gel to dry, clean skin on the abdomen (stomach), upper arms, shoulders, or thighs. Try to rotate the application sites so that you do not apply the gel to the same spot twice in a row. Rub the gel into the skin until it dries. Then wash your hands with soap and water and discard the empty packet out of the reach of children and pets.
General Information on Dosing With Oxybutynin GelSome considerations for people taking oxybutynin gel include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a gel that is applied to the skin. One packet of the gel is applied once a day.
- When applying the gel to the abdomen, it is important to avoid the area just around the navel.
- For one hour after applying the gel, avoid bathing, swimming, showering, exercising, or immersing the application site in water.
- Make sure to apply the gel at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of oxybutynin gel, please talk with your healthcare provider.