Senior Health Home > Oxybutynin ER
Oxybutynin ER is a medication that is available by prescription to treat symptoms of an overactive bladder. By relaxing the bladder muscles, it can help reduce leaking accidents, frequent urination, and urinary urgency. These tablets are long-acting and only need to be taken once a day. Side effects that may occur with oxybutynin ER include headaches, dry mouth, drowsiness, and constipation.
- Frequent urination (known as urinary frequency)
- Sudden, frequent urges to urinate (known as urinary urgency).
- Leaking accidents (known as urinary incontinence or urge incontinence).
- Dry mouth (see Ditropan XL and Dry Mouth)
- Constipation (see Ditropan XL and Constipation)