Senior Health Home > Nitroglycerin Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of nitroglycerin are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening angina
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A bluish discoloration of the skin (which is a sign of methemoglobinemia, a potentially serious problem)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.