Senior Health Home > Methyltestosterone Capsule Dosage
Methyltestosterone Capsule Dosage for WomenFor treating women with breast cancer, standard dosages range from 50 mg to 200 mg daily. Sometimes, androgens like methyltestosterone capsules can accelerate breast cancer, causing it to progress more rapidly, so close monitoring is always necessary.
General Information on Taking Methyltestosterone CapsulesSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with methyltestosterone capsules include the following:
- The medication is a capsule that is taken at least once a day. Some people take this medication up to four times a day.
- You may take this medication with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Although the prescribing information does not specify this, the methyltestosterone capsule has a short half-life and it may be more beneficial to take it several times a day (split into two, three, or four smaller doses), rather than just one large dosage once a day. This is particularly true for larger doses. Your healthcare provider will recommend a schedule that is right for you.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dosage or take it more frequently than prescribed without your healthcare provider's approval.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or methyltestosterone capsule dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.