Senior Health Home > Depo-Testosterone
Side Effects of Depo-TestosteroneJust like any medicine, Depo-Testosterone may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- Decreased sperm count
- Pain and inflammation at the injection site.
Drug InteractionsDepo-Testosterone may react with a number of other medications (see Depo-Testosterone Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medicine if you have:
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Heart disease
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Sleep apnea
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Depo-Testosterone and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Depo-Testosterone and Breastfeeding).