Senior Health Home > Darifenacin
Darifenacin is a prescription drug that is used for relieving common symptoms of an overactive bladder, such as urinary incontinence and frequent urination. It works by relaxing the bladder muscles, which can help reduce frequent muscle contractions. Darifenacin comes in tablet form and is generally taken once daily. Most people tolerate the drug well, but side effects can include nausea, headache, and constipation.
- Frequent urination (usually defined as needing to go more than eight times in 24 hours)
- Sudden, frequent urges to urinate
- Leaking accidents (known as urinary incontinence or urge incontinence).
- Dry mouth (see Enablex and Dry Mouth)
- Constipation (see Enablex and Constipation)
- Indigestion or heartburn