Senior Health Home > Carbidopa-Levodopa CR Dosage
General Information on Dosing With Carbidopa-Levodopa CRSome considerations for people taking carbidopa-levodopa CR include the following:
- The medication comes in extended-release tablet form. It is taken by mouth usually two or three times a day.
- Do not crush or chew carbidopa-levodopa CR tablets. However, carbidopa-levodopa CR 50-200 mg tablets (but not 25-100 mg tablets) may be broken in half along the score line if necessary.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of carbidopa-levodopa CR into the body. Some healthcare providers recommend taking carbidopa-levodopa CR on an empty stomach (or with a low-protein diet).
- Make sure to take carbidopa-levodopa CR at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Carbidopa-levodopa CR will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your carbidopa-levodopa CR dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.