Senior Health Home > Androderm
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on your testosterone levels.
Side Effects of AndrodermJust like any medicine, Androderm may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the patch will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
Drug InteractionsAndroderm may react with several other medicines (see Androderm Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Heart disease
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Plans to have a procedure known as a magnetic resonance imaging scan (MRI)
- High cholesterol
- Increased red blood cells
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Androderm and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Androderm and Breastfeeding).