Senior Health Home > Alendronate
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- A narrowing of the esophagus (an esophageal stricture)
- Difficulty swallowing
- Low blood calcium (hypocalcemia)
- An inability to sit upright or stand for 30 minutes
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Difficulty swallowing or other problems with your esophagus
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Planning to have a dental procedure.