Ketoconazole Gel Dosage
When treating seborrhea, apply ketoconazole gel once daily for two weeks. This is the standard dose of ketoconazole gel, regardless of your age or the severity of your skin condition. If necessary, your healthcare provider may recommend repeat treatments, although it is unknown whether this is effective. Be careful not to get this gel in your mouth, eyes, or nose.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Ketoconazole GelThere is only one standard dose of ketoconazole gel (Xolegel®). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Recommended Ketoconazole Gel Dosing GuidelinesFor seborrhea treatment, ketoconazole gel is applied once a day for two weeks. It is possible that your healthcare provider might recommend repeat treatments, although it is unclear whether repeat treatments are beneficial; the prescribing information for ketoconazole gel does not mention the possibility of more than one treatment. For many people, seborrhea tends to come and go, and it is possible that repeat treatments might be useful.
There are no limitations for where on the body the gel may be applied, except that the mucous membranes should be avoided. This means you should be careful to avoid the eyes, nose, mouth, and vagina.
General Information on Using Ketoconazole GelSome considerations to keep in mind while using ketoconazole gel include the following:
- This medication is usually applied once a day for two weeks.
- Wash your hands before and after applying a dose of this medication.
- Do not wash the areas for at least three hours after application, and do not apply makeup or sunscreen for at least 20 minutes (on the treated areas) after application.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your ketoconazole gel dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.