Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider before taking this medication if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems (or are taking a blood-thinning medication)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of these problems
- Any allergies, including to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Duexis and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Duexis and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Ibuprofen/Famotidine to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for Ibuprofen/FamotidineThere is only one standard dose for this medication, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Ibuprofen/Famotidine Dosage for more information.)