People who take too much of this medication may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased salivation, sweating, and lacrimation (tear production)
- Severe intestinal cramping
- Slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Muscle weakness, including life-threatening weakness of the muscles used for breathing
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Razadyne Overdose for more information.)
Galantamine should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep galantamine and all other medications out of the reach of children.
If you forget to take a dose, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of galantamine.
At this time, galantamine is available in generic form (see Generic Razadyne).
The brand-name version of this medication (Razadyne) is made by Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Inc. The generic version is made by various manufacturers.
Galantamine is available in the following strengths and forms:
- Galantamine 4 mg tablets
- Galantamine 8 mg tablets
- Galantamine 12 mg tablets
- Galantamine oral solution (liquid), with 4 mg of galantamine per mL
- Long-acting galantamine 8 mg capsules
- Long-acting galantamine 16 mg capsules
- Long-acting galantamine 24 mg capsules.