Desonide Ointment Dosage
When using desonide ointment, the standard dosage is a thin layer of the ointment applied on the affected areas of the skin two to three times daily. If you have not noticed any improvement in your skin problem within two weeks of starting this ointment, talk to your healthcare provider about other possible treatment options.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Desonide OintmentThe dose of desonide ointment (DesOwen®) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending mostly on the type and severity of the skin condition you are treating. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Desonide Ointment Dosing Guidelines for Skin ConditionsFor treating itching or inflammation due to a wide variety of skin conditions (such as psoriasis, eczema, or atopic dermatitis), the standard starting dose is a thin layer applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two to three times a day. Wash your hands after applying the medicine, unless you are treating your hands.
If no improvement is seen within two weeks, talk with your healthcare provider about a different treatment approach.
General Information on Using Desonide OintmentSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with desonide ointment include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) two to three times a day.
- Apply the medication sparingly; only a thin film is necessary.
- It is not recommended to use a nonbreathable dressing, such as a bandage, over desonide ointment.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with desonide ointment, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.