As with any medication, it is possible to overdose on Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate), especially if too much is used on a long-term basis. Symptoms of an overdose would be expected to be similar to any of the drug's normal side effects, although they may be more severe. Your healthcare provider may have you stop taking the medication temporarily in such cases.
Delatestryl® (testosterone enanthate) is a prescription hormone replacement medication that contains testosterone. As with any medication, it is possible to use too much Delatestryl. The specific effects of an overdose will likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Delatestryl dosage and whether it was a single, one-time overdose or a chronically high dosage.
There has been one report of a very serious effect (a stroke) possibly due to a massive overdose of Delatestryl. No other one-time overdoses (rather than chronic overdoses) have been reported.
Of course, a Delatestryl overdose is likely to cause any of the usual side effects, perhaps to a greater extent. These side effects are more likely to occur when too high of a dosage is used on a long-term basis. This is one of the reasons why it is important for your healthcare provider to adjust your dosage based on your testosterone levels, rather than just based on your symptoms.
Treatment involves supportive care, which consists of treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. It may be advised that Delatestryl be stopped, at least temporarily.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have used too much Delatestryl.