Considerations for people taking carbidopa include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of carbidopa into the body. Some healthcare providers recommend taking carbidopa on an empty stomach (or with a low-protein diet).
- Carbidopa tablets can be split in half if necessary.
- Make sure to take carbidopa at the same times each day to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Carbidopa will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to carbidopa or your carbidopa dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.