Precautions and Warnings With Carbidopa-Levodopa CR
It is a good idea to talk with your healthcare provider about the precautions and warnings with carbidopa-levodopa CR before starting treatment with the medication. For example, because carbidopa-levodopa CR is not suitable for everyone, make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any health conditions you have. Also, to reduce the risk of drug interactions, you should tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking.
Interested in a Discount on Carbidopa-Levodopa CR?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking carbidopa-levodopa CR (Sinemet® CR) if you have:
- Lung problems, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- A history of stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Malignant melanoma (a type of skin cancer) or any undiagnosed skin lesions
- Glaucoma (an eye condition)
- Any mental illness, including depression
- Heart problems of any kind
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.