Betaxolol Eye Drop DosageFor all betaxolol eye drop products, the recommended dosage (regardless of the strength of the product) is one drop in each affected eye(s) twice daily.
Some considerations for people taking betaxolol include the following:
- Betaxolol comes in tablet or eye drop form. It is usually taken once or twice a day, depending on the particular product.
- You can take this medication either with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- For the eye drops, be sure you know exactly how to use the drops. The solution (regular Betoptic) does not need to be shaken, but the suspension (Betoptic S®) must be shaken before each use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Betaxolol will not work if you stop taking it.
- In general, the tablet form of the medication should not be stopped suddenly, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your betaxolol dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.