Serious Side Effects
Some side effects of Androderm
are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Frequent or persistent erections of the penis
- Severe or persistent skin irritation
- Mood changes, including depression or anxiety
- Difficulty urinating, painful urination, or blood in the urine
- Nausea or vomiting
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Ankle swelling
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the Androderm
side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using the patch or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.